Monday, April 26, 2010

A View from the Compound

Wonderful dreamy weekend with PB and his younger son Brad. PB hung some of my artwork up on the walls. And my Road warrior poster. I rode bicycles with Brad . We planted the veggie garden and cleaned up the house. I sat there and watched the one of brad's favorite shows. he really wanted me to share something with him, like watching that show.
The whole weekend just had this dreamlike quality to it.

And now it is Monday and of course not everything is going smooth. Glitch city sometimes. But I don't have that feeling of everything caving down on me. The feeling that was driving me under this winter.

Last year I had a chance to get a bunch of work, and I went for it. It would have required lots of brutal long hours. Of course the money would have been incredible. But in the end I glad I did not get the work. It would have burnt me out.

So here I sit, work in the shop, dealing with the downside of having your own shop. But life feels good. I'm finally getting used to being happy.
PB has changed my life and I treasure the life we share.

2 comments:

Lady R (Di) said...

Sometimes, missing out on something we thought we wanted... just paves the way for something we need.

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a very relaxing weekend.

Lady R (Di) said...

I love that old expression... "be careful what you wish for..."

Sounds like you enjoy your weekends like I do. Mondays just kinda suck.

Sorry... I've been lurking again, but just wanted you to know I've been here. Just been busy at home, so I'm catching up on reading blogs while I'm at work. Can't always comment, but I enjoy reading about what's going on in your world.

Headed to Panama City in the morning to ride with friends and party during Thunder Beach. Hope you and PB have a great weekend!